1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Time to take your medicine, DyePack

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by beefncheddar, Jan 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OtterGrad

OtterGrad Member

DP, I don't know that it's a draining of powers, really. More just a sense of shock in watching OSU look like it couldn't beat Vandy or Ole Miss.

The big difference between OSU's schedule and Florida's schedule is that Florida had to play tough teams every week. OSU has had one tough game since the end of September, and that speaks entirely to strength of schedule. You really think OSU would have won in Knoxville, beaten LSU, survived Georgia on a neutral field and survived Arkansas on a neutral field? Hardly.

That's the point. Your mileage may vary, and I hope it does for argument's sake.

Now, you can hurl insults at me like my 5-year-old when he needs a nap -- that's your choice. But to be so predictably vulgar and banal doesn't do anything.

Please grow up.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Michigan lost to Ohio State. There was nothing to gain by a rematch, and enough Harris and coaches poll voters agreed. And a two-loss USC team did not deserve a title shot. Michigan getting creamed by said USC team validated the demotion of said Michigan team.

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

You know what I find truly amazing... how well all you SEC fanboys type with one hand.

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Damn, how did I miss this thread?

DyePack, just cut your losses and admit you were wrong on this one.

5. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Did you predict it before the game?

It's a legit question.

6. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Not a SEC fanboy. I couldn't care less about the conference or who is in the national championship game. Just curious who should be playing OSU--under the current BCS format--in Dyepack's mind.

7. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

So, in other words, the right team is playing. At least we've got that much out of you. And I'll even go so far as to agree with you in the sense that the process is certainly a flawed one.

8. OtterGrad

OtterGrad Member

Yeah, but I hate when the keys get sticky. At least, as an SEC fanboy, I get to use Ky. jelly. Go big blue! ... (looking down) ... oh, that's why they call it blueball

9. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

NEVER!

10. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Yeah, bay-bee. You're a journalist.

11. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

And the cavalry arrives to try and save DP.

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

We won't ever receive an answer to that. Because he doesn't have one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.