1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Time to play help the color challenged again

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Mar 2, 2008.

1. pallister

pallister Guest

No, but that would allow me to add another day.

2. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

Pallister, you ... stink. [/Top Gun]

3. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

I wear the same jeans every day until my belt becomes useless. A good washing tightens them right up.

I do, by the way, own more than one pair of jeans; I'm just too lazy to take the belt out and put it on another pair.

4. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

I've worn the same pair of pants multiple times - and to games on back-to-back days. Shirts? Maximum of two wears. Then I just feel uncomfortable, even though I don't sweat.

5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I would think either royal or navy blue would go with olive pants just fine. Black would be really nice.

HC beat me to the "Garanimals" joke, though.

6. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

Shirts never get more than one wear between washings, but I am admittedly paranoid about BO. Not just because I don't want my wife and others to think I'm a pig, but because on some fabrics like wool, the smell doesn't come out, so I'm careful. I don't want to ruin good clothes.

7. OK, so this is gross but I'm going to share it anyway. I have this shirt that I must have just sweated in so much because even after I washed it and then as I iron it, I can smell the odor of warm sweat coming from the pits of the shirt.

I still have the shirt. I just don't wear it to work.

8. Flash

Flash Guest

My high school guidance counsellor was a bit of an unkempt fellow. He interrupted calculus class once to discuss whatever with our teacher. He lifted his arm to scratch his dandruffy head and, lo and behold, the armpit of his baby blue shirt, was green.

Blech.

9. Flash

Flash Guest

Oh and WB, try throwing some vinegar in the wash. It helps with those odours. You can also try going to Dick's Sporting Goods and find Sports Wash. It's designed for such travesties of life. ;)

The only other way to avoid it is to wash your clothes right away, instead of leaving them fester in a hamper for a few days.

10. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Moddy, have you tried pink, or maybe a light purple?

11. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I have both but have never tried with olive. The light pink I wear with a darker khaki or blue. You think it would be OK with olive?

12. Flash

Flash Guest

Yes.

Draft saved Draft deleted