1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Time to play help the color challenged again

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Mar 2, 2008.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, Frank. The ones I was picturing are more Gambino Brothers than Brooks Brothers. These good fellows who ran Staten Island's waste management business used to wear pleated gabardine pants at the other end of the bar at my regular neighborhood place when I lived a block away from Vincent "the Chin" Gigante in the Village about 15 years ago. A guy who used to pour me drinks was one of NYC's biggest importers of Ecstasy from Europe... until one of his couriers got nabbed at Kennedy. Of course, the whole operation was going on right under my nose and I was clueless. I just thought they were a bunch of really nice guys in gabardine clothes who knew how to tell stories well.

2. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

I think I know those guys. They used to hang with William F. Buckley.

3. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Navy blue looks great w/olive. The olive slacks make a nice step up from khakis when you're working the blazer. White and beige shirts will do the trick, too.

4. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

Probably not the best way to go about it, but I always just pick a tie and pick colors that correspond. If I grab my blue and white tie, I pick the blue shirt and the light khakis. Green and navy? Green shirt and navy pants work.

Olive, though - that's a conundrum.

5. I find a martini goes very well with my olive pants.

6. Flash

Flash Guest

Shaken or stirred?

7. pallister

pallister Guest

I wear what's clean; color is secondary.

8. Shaken of course.

9. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

Usually I use a tie that's mostly merlot, but some narrow stripes of olive and khaki. But I also have one that's mostly olive with narrow white stripes that goes good with olive pants, white shirt, camel jacket. And sometimes a tie that has equal narrow stripes of olive, navy and maroon with thread-width stripes of gold.

10. Flash

Flash Guest

What's your definition of clean? The sniff test?

11. pallister

pallister Guest

Clean = not worn more than two days in a row. :D

12. Flash

Flash Guest

Turned inside out?

Draft saved Draft deleted