1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Time to get blasted again: Gore having every bit the season LT is

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Columbo, Dec 15, 2006.

1. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Let' see Gore on a team on which he isn't the only NFL player.

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Gore's team will get there. I think Vernon Davis is going to be a fabulous tight end when all is said and done, and Philip Rivers isn't that much better than Alex Smith. The 49ers have an improving defense. They're kind of similar to the Chargers in some ways (non-descript receivers, young QB finding his way, hard-nosed defense). Gore is a nice cornerstone to build around, for sure.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Thing is, that's not even the best number in the NFL this season. That would be Tomlinson with 511.

4. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Are you going to begin telling me the surrounding 10 players are anywhere close on the two teams?

What the Chargers would give to take out some revenge for Super Bowl XXIX on these 9ers

5. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Speaking of Alex Smith, I've been really impressed with this guy this season. I really thought that he would be a bust but he has shown some promise.

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Your argument before was first-quarter yards. When you brought it up, you never once mentioned team personnel so I ignored that aspect.

Just pointing out facts here.

7. Editude

Editude Active Member

Chargers couldn't give a crap about avenging a decade-old Super Bowl loss by playing the 2006 49ers (whom they beat, in 2006). Good teams don't care about anything but winning the next important game, nor do most players care whether they lead the NFL in first-quarter rushing yards.

8. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

K

9. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Vernon Davis is the guy to look out for, he could be an even better Keith Jackson.

10. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

A tight end that runs a 4.38

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

11. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Yeah.

I drop your ass from a mine shaft and you don't make that time.

12. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Well, at least this isn't about McGahee. Anyone remember when he was the self-proclaimed 'best back in the NFL' last season? Oh that was a funny week.

Draft saved Draft deleted