1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Time to exit stage left, Hillary. Today, she invokes RFK's assassination

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spinning27, May 23, 2008.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Found the transcript.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24797758/

2. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

There's a link to the video as well.

Damn.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

There are times when I watch KO and think if he'd run for office, I'd quit my job and volunteer for him.

4. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

Some people need to take a step back and relax. Clinton's quote really isn't all that offensive.

5. You're right. Drawing a parallel between the assassination of a charismatic, great speaker who advocated change and the current election, involving Obama — who happens to be black — is no big deal.

6. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

You're looking too much into Clinton's quote. She merely referenced the assassination to back up her point.

And that's coming from an Obama supporter.

7. shockey

shockey Active Member

what a desperate, effed-up thing to get caught saying. thanks for playing, hillary, you uber-witch. :eek: :eek: :eek:

8. I know her point. I know she didn't really MEAN what she said, but it was a horrible mistake and one that someone who claims to be ready for the 3 a.m. phone call shouldn't make.
    What if she made a similar gaffe in insulting a foreign leader, for example?

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I would do anything KO asked of me. I have adored him for like 15 years.

10. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

How nice of Hillary in her attempts at an apology to hide behind the emotions of Ted Kennedy's recent diagnosis as the reason that his brother's name was brought up.

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

And, of course, that was a lie.

12. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

Just watched Olberman's reaction.

Wow.

Even if Hillary's point really was innocent, phrasing her remarks the way she did was in incredibly poor taste, to say the least. If you want to mention the 1968 Dems nomination was in doubt in June, OK. But why does she have to mention Bobby Kennedy's assassination?

Draft saved Draft deleted