1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Time to exit stage left, Hillary. Today, she invokes RFK's assassination

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spinning27, May 23, 2008.

1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

He could have vetoed it.

And I answered it. They can fuck the hell off.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Alley - it was Dec 21 , 2000 - the election was decided already.

Bill came about based upon recommendations from the President's Working Group on Financial Markets. The Working Group, which consists of the Secretary of the Treasury and Chairmen of the Federal Reserve, the Securities and Exchange Commission, and the Commodity Futures Trading Commission.

3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Finally found the House vote on H.R. 4541, the Commodities Futures Modernization Act of 2000. The breakdown was this:

Aye: 195 GOP
    180 D
    1 IND

Nay: 2 R
    2 D
    0 IND

No Vote:
    26 R
    24 D
    0 IND

So to say this is Clinton's fault is sorta wrong here, isn't it?

However, since I was clearly incorrect about the potential for a veto or an override, I readily admit my error.

4. Grimace

Grimace Guest

You honestly don't see the difference? One is the current president! They're still blaming Clinton for things that happend 10-15 years ago. I think blaming the current president for the current situation makes sense.

5. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

If you want to blame the current president for legislation signed by the previous president, let's see how you feel in a few years if Obama wins.

6. Grimace

Grimace Guest

So wasn't Clinton dealing with legislation signed by Bush I? And Reagan was dealing with legislation by Carter, who was dealing with legislation singed by Ford, etc. etc.

Bush II has had eight years! At what point does a president take responsibility for the current situation?

7. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

The answer to Grimace's question is ... never.
    Sept. 11 changed everything.

8. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Grimace, my point is, there are some people who are so enraged by Bush that they'll find almost any excuse to bash him. And there are equally people who find any reason to bash Clinton (or Obama).

9. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

Excellent.
    Though I suspect you'll find today's Kissing Suzy Kolber blog post from "Hillary" less amusing than I did.

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Awesome.

11. [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted