1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Time to exit stage left, Hillary. Today, she invokes RFK's assassination

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spinning27, May 23, 2008.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

And you certainly do it as a justification for continuing a fruitless campaign.

2. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Sorry to bring this up again, but this makes me REALLY miss Fenian. I love the guy, and I'd love to see him try to defend this.

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

She can officially quit campaigning for VP, now.

Thank God.

5. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

"What I meant was, we simply have to be prepared for all variables. What if Barack Obama forgets to wear a coat to the inaugural like William Henry Harrison? Or if someone were to, I don't know -- and I'm just thinking out loud here -- give him a bottle of water laced with arsenic like Zachary Taylor? If we choose to ignore history, we're condemned to repeat it. I think we'd all feel a little foolish if I dropped out, and President elect Obama got accidentally pushed into, or mysteriously sucked into, the turbine jet engine of Air Force One. We need to prepare for everything. Believe me, I'll be ready to answer that phone at 3 a.m. if Mr. Obama's goes swimming in the ocean and inexplicably drowns like Harold Holt, the prime minister of Australia, whose body was never found I might add. Damn shame."

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Not even George Clinton?

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Who will rid me of this meddlesome priest?

Ugh. Go away, already.

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

DD, I love you. I know I've said it before, and I've meant it every time. But perhaps now more than ever.

I love you.

9. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I want to punch Begala right now. He's on CNN saying he doesn't understand why anyone would take it as anything other than Hillary saying it's not uncommon for Democratic races to go into June.

Bullshit, Begala, and you fucking know it, asstard!

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Yes, and Truman played patty-cake in '48. This is big-boy politics. You want to play in the big leagues, be prepared to get your hands dirty. Foof. [/fenian]

11. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Hillary knows she fucked up, which is why she's backing away from it fast.

http://thepage.time.com/transcript-of-clintons-clarification-of-her-rfk-comment/

12. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

You forgot "Politics ain't beanbag."

Draft saved Draft deleted