1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Time to build an ark!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Football_Bat, Jun 26, 2007.

1. You know that this all of this is the Evan Almighty street team at work.

2. In this neck of the woods, we've had the most rain over about a two-month period that I can remember in my entire life. It has been absolutely insane.
    One of our local American Legion baseball teams has played exactly five games this summer.

3. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Well, that was fun.
    65 mph winds, to go with torrential rains, some lightning and surprisingly, little thunder.
    All in all, a pretty quality line of storms thanks to the rain and wind. My yard will be greener than ever for the next week. I heard we are supposed to get pounded by more storms on Thursday.

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I don't know if any of our posters live in the Hill Country in central Texas, but good luck if you do. They picked up a whopping 18 inches of rain in less than 24 hours.
    The storms were so bad, they had to cancel helicopter rescue missions and people were just left on their roofs to fend for themselves.
    Apparently there is more rain on the way today.

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The sun just came out. Yippee! The only problem is, there's another huge glob of green and yellow on the radar growing in the Stephenville area and headed northwest again.

The regional zoom on the radar looks like a tropical storm rotating over Oklahoma.

6. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

I'm sure it is George Bush's fault. He wants you to die, just like those folks in New Orleans. It is all a part of his evil plot.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

NOTE: Zag did NOT use the blue font.

8. [​IMG]

9. MilanWall

MilanWall Member

Can we have some?

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

And a-WAAAYYYY we go ....

11. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

I'm just saying, I'm surprised you haven't yet posted a 1,900-word dissertation about how the flooding in the midwest is GWB's fault, yet.

Has to be one of the greatest upsets of the year.

12. Though global warming may have a great deal to do with an abnormal amount of rain fall (I'm not an expect, so maybe I'm wrong about that), it's interesting that you're the one to bring GWB onto this thread.

Draft saved Draft deleted