1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Time To Ban Women's Cargo Pants

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Boom_70, Dec 10, 2006.

1. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

I thought this was a classic Boom misspell at first.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Well, we do know with reasonable certainty that he was not digging for a bearded clam.

3. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I think I'm going to scream. I'm over 140 and I look damn good in cargo pants.
    Trust me, over 140 is not fat. There's a girl that I work with that is starting a petition to shove food down my throat.

I'm not going to lie, there are some nasty walmart-esque cargos. But get the right pair from Abercrombie or Ralph Lauren and they look hot.

4. RokSki

RokSki New Member

I agree with FJ here. I've seen 140+ look outstanding.

But to Boom's post, those cargos embody everything wrong with style these days. I'm not going to repeat what I wrote about cargos and low-rise stuff earlier in this thread, but when you put the two together, you just get something along the lines of "Hmmm, y'know, maybe I AM attracted to my own sex. I mean, women in low-rise cargos just make me want to vomit violently." I can't think of a worse combination of styles than cargoes + low-rise. If there's anything that would scream "I'm not hooking up tonight!!" louder than these, I'm not sure what it is. And don't say sweats. The right sweats, on the right woman is g-o-l-d, especially with all the 'chic warmup' stuff that's out there now. Cargo low-risers: A poofy, amorphous, androgony-producing, shape-denying, booty-killing, I-got-this-outfit-out-of-my-hippy-mom's closet disaster waiting to happen. No matter how good you look, or how slamming you body might be, nothing will kill your game faster than these will. Please - please - buy a different pair of pants. Men everywhere will thank you.

5. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

I agree. If you put shit in the pockets, you look like you should be riding shotgun for Ma and Pa Joad. If you don't put shit in the pockets, what is the point of having those things hanging off your legs except to look like a slob?

6. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

There are some people that can wear such things and there are people that can't. Age and weight is not necessarily a factor. It all matters in how it is worn. This is pretty much the basic rule of fashion.

I'm not sure what the deal is with cargo pants. I just don't really have a feeling on this. I thought that cargos went out a few years ago, but I guess I'm wrong.

7. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I'm in agreement that cargo pants usually don't look very good on women. Hell, I don't even like pockets with flaps on women. However, I've always considered them the humvees of fashion, so I'm kind of surprised that Boom started this thread.

Draft saved Draft deleted