1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Time "Person of the Year" 2020

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HanSenSE, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

My friend, now he belongs to the ages.

2. jla74m

jla74m Member

I hope it goes to Dr. Fauci. That would drive President BASTARD insane!

3. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Bush was Proust in comparison to this shambling sub-primate

heyabbott likes this.
  4. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Fauci has obviously been the face of the pandemic, so fair enough, but I'm going back and forth on whether Fauci needs singled out, or whether you give it to the virus itself, assuming there's no lean toward giving it to a person.

I think for the vast majority of us the virus has manifested itself in facemasks and lockdowns, cancelled events and zoom meetings. I guess Fauci represents all of that, too, in a way.

Maybe "The Facemask" is representative of all of that, and at the same time our political discourse and the growing anti-fact movement that pulls in the #StopTheSteal nuts and the anti-vaccine nuts and the QAnon nuts.

Can we give it to the bat? Or the guy who ate the bat?

5. Jerry-atric

You must mean “Drumpf”!

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

The point is to sell magazines.

Which one of those four has the most die-hard fans who are known for buying merch featuring their cult leader?

Did I give it away?

8. Jerry-atric

You must mean “Drumpf”!

9. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

That was in 2019 so it doesn't count. That's why it's COVID-19 and not COVID-20 1.

10. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I'm glad I looked up Pinche because my Mexican friends pass it around like it's "darn."

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I like Fauci just fine, but I have a hard time imagining things being any worse had he never existed.

Yeah, he was the "face" of the pandemic. And also one that millions of Americans didn't listen to --- both the ones who openly disliked him and those who praised him one day, then broke his guidelines the next. He was the parent saying "no" to a country full of teen-agers who don't like being told "no."

12. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

In high school and working at Jack in the Box, I thought for the longest time guey meant dude. I'm glad I never repeated it in Spanish class.

Draft saved Draft deleted