1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Time Person of the Year 2019

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HanSenSE, Dec 11, 2019.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Funny that all the right wingers agree the same group should get it over Thunberg. I'm not saying the Hong Kong protestors don't deserve consideration, it's just striking that everyone mentioned in that article all cite the protestors. Not a lot of independent thinking going on there.

Others who could merit consideration: The President (like him or not, he drives the news cycle on a nearly global scale every single day), Giuliani (might be the guy who brings down the President), the Whistleblower, Pelosi.

3. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

You'd think they'd be happy to be honored. Why do they look so pissed off? Rapinoe is always pissed off, but not the others.

4. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

hong kong protestors love freedom american protestors love hating america

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I guess because they couldn't bother to schedule a shoot so Alex Morgan could be there.

6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

"You should smile more." Yikes. I would not have gone there. :p

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

To be fair - that doesn't look like a foto Time took for a cover or anything. Looks like a stock image slapped on Twitter. I'm surprised the women's team didn't tour more after the WC. They could have made a ton of money off of friendlies. Seven games since the WC. Probably could have sold out 30.

HanSenSE likes this.
  8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

But not the Iranian ones.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Singing an amazingly consistent siren song of butthurt, almost like they got it from the same email.

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

America likes Ukrainian protesters in Kiev Kyiv (2013), hates Ukrainian protesters in Donetsk (2014-). o_O

Draft saved Draft deleted