1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Time Magazine's Top 10 Rock and Roll Hall of Sham Snubs

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Flying Headbutt, Apr 4, 2009.

1. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

My HOFers from the list:

Doobie Brothers, Genesis, Pat Benatar.

MAYBE: Chicago, Def Leppard

If KISS hadn't taken off the makeup during the '80s, I'd have voted them in too.

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

If the reason for locking out Genesis is PC's solo career, then all that proves is how unbelievably idiotic the people who have pull with the R&RHOF are.

A truly masterful percussionist and underrated arranger with Genesis, for the group to be locked over some schlock he pieced together as a solo artist is pure ignorance at its worst. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Chicago should be in because their body of work from the '70s is that good. Thank goodness ... it had to be to remind some of us how far the group tumbled in the '80s.

And I won't Rush-jack this, either, aside from the fact that many more polarizing groups with a mere fraction of the talent are already in. Otherwise, please carry on.

3. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

KISS Alive I.

Put it on the player 32 years ago, heard Deuce and Strutter, and I was hooked.

They should absolutely be in.

4. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Sirs, Madames,

Warren Zevon.

Little Feat.

o-<

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Ditto.

On that list, I'd vote for Cheap Trick and the Doobies, no one else.

6. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Maybe it's just me, but I have a bigger gripe about Joan Jett's exclusion than Pat Benetar's.

Pat Benetar:Joan Jett = Alan Trammell:Cal Ripken

From the Time list, I'd say yes to: Chicago, Genesis, Def Leppard and KISS.

7. Double J

Double J Active Member

Paul Revere and the Raiders belong at the top of any "should be inducted into the Rock Hall" list.

8. pressmurphy

pressmurphy Member

7. Doobie Brothers
    5. Chicago
    4. Genesis

All did quite a bit of quality work over the years and all are being penalized to varying degrees now because of replacement front men -- Michael McDonald, Peter Cetera and Phil Collins -- who did cruel things to our ear drums as solo artists.

I think all three bands would be more highly regarded by the HOF selectors if they had been able to keep their earlier lineups intact awhile longer.

9. lono

lono Active Member

Time is no more credible a source about rock 'n' roll than Consumer Reports is about lingerie.

10. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

I'll go Cheap Trick, Genesis and Rush.

11. pallister

pallister Guest

Love the Zevon noms. Not a single band/act on that list could hold his jock. IMO, the most underrated singer/songwriter in all of sound. Guy was a fuckin' genius.

12. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Jett's not in as part of the Runaways either? Talk about fail.

Draft saved Draft deleted