1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Time Mag on Friday: Lieberman May Switch Parties Over War Funding Vote

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Deeper_Background, Feb 22, 2007.

1. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

BREAKING NEWS: Lieberman Says War Vote Could Prompt Party Switch

By: Carrie Budoff
    February 22, 2007 03:11 PM EST

Sen. Joseph I. Lieberman of Connecticut told the Politico Thursday that he has no immediate plans to switch parties, but suggested Democratic opposition to funding the war in Iraq might change his mind.

Lieberman, a registered independent who caucuses with Democrats, has been among the strongest supporters of the war and President Bush’s plan to send another 21,500 combat troops into Iraq to help quell the violence there.

"I have no desire to change parties," Lieberman said in a telephone interview. "If that ever happens, it is because I feel the majority of Democrats have gone in a direction that I don't feel comfortable with."

Asked whether that hasn't already happened with Iraq, Lieberman said: "We will see how that plays out in the coming months," specifically how the party approaches the issue of continued funding for the war.

He suggested, however, that the forthcoming showdown over new funding could be a deciding factor that would lure him to the Republican Party.

"I hope we don't get to that point," Lieberman said. "That's about all I will say on it today. That would hurt."

Republicans have long targeted Lieberman to switch – a move that would give them control of the Senate. And Time magazine is set to report Friday that there is a “remote” chance Lieberman would join the GOP.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0207/2865.html

2. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/37962/
    [​IMG]
    Dee dee dee_B

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

An actual D_B by D_B?

The meta-textual framework of this entire community has just been shaken to its very core.

4. Rufino

Rufino Active Member

Good lord is this guy a camera whore. Everyone, please pay more attention to Joe! Two more years of this crap is going to get really annoying.

5. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Then what happens when d_b calls out someone else for d_b'ing?

6. markvid

markvid Guest

D_B is like a rash that creeps up now and then.
    It goes away, then for some reason, you feel uncomfortable and you realize why.

Draft saved Draft deleted