1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

TIME mag article: Che, I'm disappointed

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Yawn, Aug 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yawn

Yawn New Member

And no doubt, so is your Little Rock United Methodist pastor...unless of course, your tithe is arriving weekly to, as you claim in the article, "your church."

Do you fly down every Sunday at taxpayer expense? And have your liberal base complain about mixing church and state? Of course not.

My hunch: You're on the very "inactive" roll with no consecutive attendance record since your husband's last re-election bid as governor.

Is there no good UMCs in D.C. or NY?

2. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Oh and I also note that John Edwards is looking for a new church. I guess after his remark about gays that contradicted the SBC, his pastor asked him to leave.

Advantage: Obama.

3. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Yawn should post a link to the article in question.
    Isn't that new rule?
    Oh, and apologize.

5. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

What in the hell is this supposed to mean?

6. SilvioDante

SilvioDante Member

I think what I get out of that tangled mess is that Hillary Clinton is a hypocrite who is using religion to garner votes, even though she can't possibly be sincere because she's ... A DEMOCRAT!!!

In actuality, she's been a pretty devout Methodist since she was a little girl growing up in Chicago and banging on doors on the South Side to try to get the black vote out, etc., etc. It informs a lot of her politics - the importance of universal health care, children's rights, etc., etc.

7. Duane Postum

Duane Postum Member

Don't bring truth and logic into this.

8. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

It's like bringing a gun to a butterknife fight.

9. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

I though this was about Che Guevera for a second. It was just a bunch of ramling lines.

10. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Che's over on Aisle 7. Only outraged semi-literate teen-neocon apologists with persecution complexes in here.

11. markvid

markvid Guest

No link, no love.
    And as much as I dislike Hillary, the Che stuff is getting really, really old.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.