1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

TIME for Impeachment?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Point of Order, Apr 5, 2007.

1. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

No shit? What a revelation.

I never justified Bush's crap. Never said a damn word about Bush. Yet the chorus comes out to scream "Bush started a WAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!" because I said I don't like the idea of the president getting his helmet shined in the place where important decisions are made.

Get a grip.

2. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

I guess the question is what does it matter in the big picture? But I don't want to reargue the magnitude of Bill Clinton's misbehavior.

3. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Leave Gammons out of this.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Impeachment is a bad idea for the Democrats. Look what happened to the GOP in 1998 — the Dems gained 5 seats in the House, and that NEVER happens in the sixth year of a two-termer.

It's better to just keep hanging these scandals around Dim Son's neck like albatrosses and leave them on display for all to see in 2008. The GOP can distance themselves from him only so much, because that pesky "R" after their names has a way to tying them to him.

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Or a lip lock, as the case may be.

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

The U. S. attorney matter was a clumsy attempt to prevent the California operative from breaking California malfeasance wide-open. To assert otherwise is either stupid or naive. Fredo had ZERO right to throw a monkey wrench into that process, which was going just swimmingly.

7. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Sirs, Madames,

Why was a blow job in the WH up before the grand jury anyway? Didn't that issue from a misbegotten, politically motivated civil suit, the handiwork of GOP Dirty Tricks Dept? Proceeding with a case against a sitting president: The dumbest shit that ever went down, dumber, even, than the Starr stuff (though it's close). I can imagine the Republican whine if the present-day Dummy in Chief were sued by Cindy Sheehan or someone of that stripe. (Cheney getting sued by the guy he shot would be good.)

YHS, etc

8. Double J

Double J Active Member

There's a much different political system in Britain. There, just like in Canada, a party can basically overthrow its leader without its members cutting their own throats. (Of course, a failed attempt at an overthrow certainly would result in political suicide.)

If a British or Canadian PM no longer has the support of Parliament, his government falls and an election must take place. This is unlike the good old democratic U.S.A., where a President can in many cases freely act in contravention of the wishes of Congress.

9. Moondoggy

Moondoggy Member

If we still had a country left to govern.

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Who gives a shit what Joe Klein thinks.

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Dick Cheney is the greatest Presidential insurance policy since Spiro Agnew

12. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

None of those voluminous Boom_70 regular readers, I presume. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted