1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Time for a thread about my car

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Smallpotatoes, Feb 17, 2015.

1. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

That was really good. LOL.

2. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Mechanics are probably getting the butt lube ready for when SP drops by.

JackReacher likes this.
  3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Just yanking your chain on emblem. ;)
    If's frozen gas line it should not be a big deal. A night in garage thawing out and some dry gas.
    Don't let tank go below 1/2 in cold weather

Best of luck

4. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

It's a day and a half and still no word from the mechanic? You didn't take it to the garage that was the site of that classic "60 Minutes" feature from 25 years ago, did you?

5. Boom_70

Maybe AAA did not pick it up yet.

6. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Just got off the phone with him. From the sounds of it, that's what it was, though I'll ask for a more complete explanation when I pick it up. $300.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Depending on the state, It may also cost more money to get new plates and a new registration than would be saved by not having insurance for a couple of months.

8. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Yikes, $300? Make sure you find out how many hours labor are they charging and what they are charging you for parts (did they even replace any parts?).

9. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Yeah, find out what exactly they did for $300 besides adding dry gas and letting it sit indoors.

bigpern23 likes this.
  10. Boom_70

My thoughts as well. At worst pick the guys brain for a preventative plan for future. Definitely keep your gas tank about 1/2 and use some kind
    of additive.

11. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

For $300 I hope they at least had to drop the tank, empty it and put new gas in, plus a new fuel filter and maybe a new fuel line. Otherwise, $300 seems awfully high.

Draft saved Draft deleted