1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Time certainly does fly

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Colton, Jun 12, 2007.

1. Colton

Colton Active Member

It was 13 years ago today (June 12, 1994): Nicole Brown Simpson and her male friend Ronald Goldman are savagely murdered in front of O.J Simpson's condominium complex in Brentwood, Calif.

Of course, O.J. is innocent...

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

Actually, they were killed in fronmt of Nicole Brown Simpson's condo in Brentwood... but don't the facts get in the way.
    After all, the jury didn't.

3. I had just finished 7th grade when the murders happened, and the trial went well into my freshman year of high school. That was probably the oddest 16-17 months of news ever.

4. Colton

Colton Active Member

Spnited: Touche. I am guilty of copying and pasting the item. *hangs head in shame*

5. Colton

Colton Active Member

Junkie: Damn, you! LOL Fixed... thanks.

6. with DNA evidence as mainstream as it is today, would that case even go to trial? I guess in LA it's worth a shot, but i can't imagine OJ would have gotten off

7. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Something I've always wondered: If O.J. didn't do it, then who would have? I mean, was there even public speculation about that?

Of course, O.J. did it...I'm just saying...

8. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Good point. It was still so new then, I think there was a general mistrust of the technology. Add into that Henry Fung's mishandling of the evidence and his subsequent dismantling on the stand, the broken chain of evidence after it was collected, Darden letting OJ try on the glove and the Fuhrman fiasco and I understand why the jurors felt there was reasonable doubt.

Today, with all we know about DNA evidence now, this wouldn't even be close.

9. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Robert Blake, perhaps?

10. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I just remember watching the verdict read in a class in high school and everyone cheering and I just didn't understand why they were cheering. A very messed up situation. Of course, it made for a lot of TV watching during class for a couple of months.

11. pressmurphy

pressmurphy Member

With Phil Spector warming up in the bullpen.

12. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Damn, you stole my line!

Draft saved Draft deleted