1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tim Tebow

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Drip, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

If there was a Jewish player or a Muslim player who spread their beliefs around like Tebow, would it be as celebrated? Helping impovershed people in the Phillipines is nice, helping them with the idea of converting them to Christianity is bullshit.

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Awesome. Spurrier said he voted for Snead. Then, on Thursday, asked to change his vote to Tebow. Said his vote for Snead was a mistake.

Ah....the ol ball coach. Nice.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4352863

3. Drip

Drip Active Member

To me it wasn't that big of a deal. Everyone has an opinion.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  4. JackReacher

I said before I didn't think it was a big deal either. Just interesting to follow.

5. Drip

Drip Active Member

For sure.

6. I'm just curious to know why you think that's bullshit?

7. JackReacher

So now Tebow will be a unanimous pick.

Spurrier went to Slive and had his vote changed. Stevie blamed the SID for voting Snead because there were already a slew of Gators on the ballot already.

This just keeps getting better.

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I think the point is if you''re gonna help someone, help someone without the religion string attached. I've always thought missionaries were overrated.

10. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Dooley is correct. The message of help is fantastic but the message of help tied to a specific religion is bribery.

11. I can see that point, but isn't doing that kind of work the job of a missionary? The message of conversion is what they're all about. In that situation it goes hand in hand.

I guess the question is, if Tebow really is such a great guy, would he still go to the Phillipines to help out if he wasn't Christian? Obviously, there are plenty of people who do that type of work without a religious agenda.

12. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

T-Bone.

Draft saved Draft deleted