1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tim Tebow

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Drip, Jul 23, 2009.

1. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Read the SI article today and he's done more than myself to help those who have little. The guy goes to prisons and death row then does the missionary stuff in the Phillilipines every year? Yeah his message may be corny and religious based but at least he's trying with what he has. Catchy line in the article his dad "wanted a preacher and got a quarterback."

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

We already have a Hustle.

Let's try Koko.

3. RossLT

RossLT Guest

He is not as obnoxious with his religion as Shaun Alexander.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I really think Tebow is back only because Bradford won the Heisman. Bradford is back only because he didn't want to be a Lion.

5. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

What Dooley said.

Personally, I just don't think anyone is that freaking perfect here on Earth.

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Other than Ryan Sonner, of course

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Thought this thread was about the SEC coach who DIDN'T vote Tebow as the top pre-season QB in the SEC.

Put another log of hate on the fire. Figured it sounded like a Kiffin move, but he denied it. Of course, he has an extremely estranged relationship with honesty.

8. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Jeff Schultz photobloggin from b'ham:

http://blogs.ajc.com/jeff-schultz-blog/2009/07/23/schultzs-digi-blog-goes-to-sec-media-daze/

9. Drip

Drip Active Member

I think Urban Meyer is the culprit behind who didn't vote for Tebow.

10. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Yeah. He's one of the two.

11. JackReacher

apparently, Joe Schad has reported that the SIDs at LSU and Auburn said their coaches voted for Tebow. That leaves Spurrier and Kiffin, right?

This morning, Chizik said he voted for Tebow.

12. JackReacher

According to Dan Patrick, Spurrier admitted to voting Snead first-team. Damn, I'm good.

Unless it's all BS, in which case I'm an ass.

Draft saved Draft deleted