1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tim Tebow

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Drip, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

It's more a reaction against the media (FOX, the Mouse, a few writers) ramming him and his holiness down our throats.

2. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Who cares? This is a non-issue but it answers the original question for me. Tim Tebow, I have no problem with. The people who look at him like he's the greatest athlete ever to put on a jock strap, please give it a rest.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Listen...I didn't say it was a matter of national security. Just curious. That's all.

Relax.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Saban on reporters asking the coaches who didn't vote for Tebow, paraphrashing....

"I think it's ridiculous. I think people should be able to vote for whoever they want without being criticised for it. That's why we've fought in a lot of wars, to have the right to vote."

Awesome!

5. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

I wonder how the "donations" from Bull Gators are flowing this year to his dad's non-profit.

6. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Name one time Tim Tebow has thrown religion in anyone's face. Unless they're offended he puts a bible verse on his eye black. Ohhhhh.... that's violating church and state.

7. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I will grant you ... that's a story that needs to be written.

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Hondo: I don't necessarily think it's HIM throwing it in their face. He's no Kurt Warner. But every conversation about him in any article, any TV interview, any game, etc. becomes an exercise in espousing his Christianity and all his goodness.

I realize I may be part of the problem, but I don't like my athletes perfect. The fact the kid is deified every time he's shown on TV just gets to be overload for some people.

Add in the fact that I'm about the least religious person around, and it just makes me never want to hear another word about the guy. Ever.

9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Would you rather he drop F-bombs and tell the reporter that Bobby Bowden is a doddering old fool who should retire?

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

YES! That's exactly what I want. I like the trash-talking and sliminess. I like Miami football. Bring it.

It doesn't have to be that. I don't have intense dislike for most other Christians. Just those whose main point seems to be their Christianity, if that makes sense.

11. tmayforth

tmayforth Member

Plus, he can throw the jump pass.

12. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

UM football is BYU compared to UF these days. UF's arrest record under Meyer is extensive. And now, one of his top recruits for next season was booted off his team for his second arrest while HS.

Draft saved Draft deleted