1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tim Tebow

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Drip, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Drip

Drip Active Member

I might be missing something here but I get a very strong feeling that Tim Tebow is not well liked. I'm trying to figure out why he has that image. He's seems cordial and friendly and I know he's staunchy religious but the way he's talked about reminds me of the days when Ty Detmer was in college at BYU.
    What's your take on Tebow?

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

My take is that you're a moron.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

People are uncomfortable with religion thrown in their face, preferring to handle it in their own pace and time.
    That and the whole Florida/SEC thing.

4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I want to know which coach didn't vote for him on the preseason All-SEC team. I think it's down to Miles, Saban, Chizik, Nutt and Spurrier.

My guess is Spurrier.

5. Drip

Drip Active Member

I kind of think that people have a bigger thing against Florida than they do against Tebow. But since he is "the face" of Florida football, he becomes an easy target to dislike.

6. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I though this thread was about god.

7. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

It is.

8. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Dude wants you to think he's all pious and service oriented, then starts jawing at opponents and gesturing to their fans. Plus, I think people are tired of the incessant media bleating about what a fine fellow he is. Of course, those kids in Indonesia that got free circumcisions from him probably think he's OK.

9. Drip

Drip Active Member

There's nothing wrong with an athlete loving the Lord and talking about it. Football is an emotional game. There's nothing wrong with good-spirited jawing.

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Maybe it was Meyer. Some leagues have a rule that you can't vote for your own guys.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  11. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

That's how the SEC works, which means 11 of 12 votes is unanimous. He only got 10 votes, apparently.

12. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Oh.

Draft saved Draft deleted