1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tim Tebow ridiculed for Wonderlic prayer?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Mar 25, 2010.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Pro Football Talk's Mike Florio writes that Tebow's proselytizing ways caused an "incident" when he was taking the Wonderlic exam:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/23/tebows-pre-wonderlic-prayer-request-falls-flat/

Tebow has denied it:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/24/tebow-denies-wonderlic-incident/

Is this news? Seems like little more than piling on with the "Tebow won't make it in the NFL" crowd.

I do like that Tebow challenged him to contact the players in the room, however, which it doesn't seem like Florio yet has done.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

It's a non story. Kurt Warner mentions God every other word and no one cares.

3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Pro football talk unreliable?

4. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

God answers all prayers. In Tebow's case, the answer was "no".

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I care. A helluva lot.

Reporter: Kurt, tell me about that 97-yard pass for the winning touchdown in overtime of the Super Bowl?

KW: God God God God God God God good receiver God God God God God eternal salvation God God God God God God missed a few tackles.

6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Noooooo. Never.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm not going to say PFT is always right, but for a "rumor blog" it's remarkably accurate.

I believe this story. Is it a big deal? No, but it's kind of funny.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  8. JackReacher

Not to turn this into a PFT thing, but the reason it's accurate when it IS accurate is because all they do is link to other reports and confirmations. Of the stuff that PFT tries to break, I'd be stunned if they were right half the time.

9. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

So Tebow gives the reporter the names of the players in the room with him taking the test, and instead of checking with them, the reporter goes back and checks with his original source?

10. cyclingwriter

cyclingwriter Active Member

If Terry Bradshaw were still alive, he would say something about PFT's accuracy.

11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Except for the part where Tebow denies it, and offers a roomful of contradictory evidence, probably not.

12. JackReacher

I think PFT is a complete joke, but God bless Florio. Dude's prolly making a ton of cash working out of his basement in West Virginia.

Draft saved Draft deleted