1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tim Tebow: Lebron's favorite QB

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Aug 4, 2011.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Lebron James weighs in on Tebow vs. Hoge:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6832410/lebron-james-uses-twitter-support-tim-tebow?campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines

Other thoughts? Hoge was as hard on Tebow as anyone I've read or heard. Hoge should know mediocre quarterbacking. He had to play with Bubby most of his career.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

The use of the word "story" in that slugline is hyperbole in the extreme.

Who. Gives. A. Fuck whatLeBronJamesSaysOnTwitterAboutFootball

3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Apparently you, because you took the time to respond.

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

100 people were interested enough to open the discussion in just one hour.

There is interest, as there always will be for such nonsense, even if it's just for the "I hope he's saying something stupid so I can rip him for it" rationalization.

5. shockey

shockey Active Member

man. do i hate that b.s. response, hondo. ltl isn't responding to lebron. he's responding to someone else turning lebron's comments into a thread.

and i agree 1,000 percent. but i know for sure the moth-breathing producers at espn care -- lebron on tebow was a 'topic' for skip bayless this morning and no doubt will be breathlessly taken on by '.around the horn' and 'pardon the interruption.' they live for this spit.

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I was hoping this would be another one of those only-at-SportsJournalists.com threads bagging on Tebow.

7. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

How the hell would LeBron James recognize a winner?

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

but but but Jordan didn't win his first ring until his 7th season

9. SalukiNC

SalukiNC Member

LeBron should keep it in his pants. Sounds like Orton is blowing Tebow out of the water in camp. I'm sure Elway/Fox would can the chosen one if they could.

10. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

LeBron defending Tebow makes me want to blow my head off. Twice.

11. Seahawk

Seahawk Member

I'm not a James fan, but this is a silly statement. In seven seasons with Cleveland, he carried them to an overall record of 349-225. One season in Miami, and the Heat were 58-24. In the postseason, his teams have a combined record of 55-36, and he's been to the finals twice. It seems more like a matter of when, not if, James wins a title. I'd love it if he never did.

12. printdust

printdust New Member

Meanwhile, Dirk Nowitzki, in a German bar Wednesday, led the revelers in a "LeBron Sucks" chant. German editorials were in total agreement.

Draft saved Draft deleted