1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tim Tebow: Fraud?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Dec 24, 2012.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Having watched him play quarterback the last couple years, Tim Tebow isn't in position to give an Arena League teams usage ultimatums, let alone the New York Jets.

2. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

He had a trade offer from Jacksonville last off season. The Broncos offered him a choice -- go to the Jags or the Jets. The Jets assured him he would have a shot at the starting job and he wasn't sure he would get that in Jacksonville so he went to New York.

3. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

In "the last couple years", Tebow's teams are:

1) 7-12 in games in which he does not start; and

2) 8-5 in games in which he does start, and that includes an upset playoff victory over a heavily favored Steeler team.

All the ridiculing of his screwy throwing motion and passing skills neglects one inconvenient fact: his teams do better when he plays. And always have, at every level. Say what you want about his arm, but nobody can deny the guy's record as a flat out winner.

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

At this point Ryan's biggest fear if Tebow started was that he was wildly successful like what happened in Denver.

5. It should be pointed out to Tebow haters that Orton and Quinn (both QB's in the traditional mold) would have led Denver to 5 wins last year tops. Tebow brought them to the playoffs and a win against Pittsburgh.

I could actually see New England making room on the roster for him. There would be no QB controversy because Brady is a God and McDaniels and Belichick could find ways to let Tebow help the team win.

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

But look at what Denver's done after him.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I like Tebow, and I wish they would have started him and made this year's offense 80% run: Power run. Power option. Power sweep. Power everything. I thought that was the whole point of bringing him in -- not just be there to light a fire under Sanchez's ass. Sure, the Tebow Plan would've made for some ugly 10-7 or 13-10 games, but he is built to handle the ball 60-70 times a game and built to tank over people.

Greene, Powell and Tebow could have been a fun (in a bulldozing kind of way) backfield for Ryan's Ground and Pound.

And then if Tebow gets hurt or just sucks after 6 starts, bring in Sanchez.

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Todd Sauerbrun once refused to serve as the backup kicker for the Panthers when Kasay got hurt because he was upset over being fined for being overweight.

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Except then they'd have to change up the offense to fit Sanchez.

10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I can't even tell you how hard I'm going to laugh if the Broncos lose their first playoff game. But I'm guessing you figured that.

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

At that point you just tell Sanchez to hand it off and shut his mouth.

12. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

It was a complete smoke-and-mirrors show last year. Anyone watching it week in and week out knew the approach could not be sustained. And had Tebow stayed this year, the Broncos are only winning five games.

Draft saved Draft deleted