1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tim Kurkijian...BUSTED!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by terrier, Jul 12, 2007.

1. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Timmmah was doing his regular Thursday morning gig on The Score-790 in Providence via his cell phone when he got busted for speeding near the Delaware River (unclear which state). While Tim is continuing to discuss A-Rod's contract on his cell, the trooper curtly informs him he's been clocked at 72 in a 50 zone (she didn't sound like a baseball fan, either). In the back of the van are his teenage daughter (near or at driving age) and her friend.
    Tim will never have another argument with his daughter without getting this incident thrown in his face, I'll guess. Now we know where his talk radio guest fees for the week will be going...

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Do you think they will podcast this?

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I would hope so.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

As someone who has done many a radio interview while driving, it's amazing when you look down and realize you're going about 15 MPH faster than you thought you were...

6. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

I just got a new blue-tooth device since moving to DC, where it is illegal to talk on your cell phone while driving, and they can even bust you for using the ear-piece. The thing I got clips on to your visor and is basically a mic and a speaker right above your head, and the sound quality is great in both directions. The only drawback is that it you look like you are talking to nobody from the outside.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I use my speakerphone for just about everything when I'm driving, with one of the exceptions being when I'm doing a radio interview...

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I'm guessing 17 around Middletown. It's about 60 minutes north of the city, and it swims with cops.

9. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

About as irresponsible and reckless as you could be, just to get on the radio.

10. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

He was probably on 95 going through Delaware. They patrol the fuck out of that stretch and slow it down between Maryland and Joizee.

11. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Except you cross over to Joizee on 295.

12. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

You know what i meant.

Draft saved Draft deleted