1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tim Keown on Adam LaRoche

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Apr 13, 2016.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

You mean he called in to Rush Limbaugh while driving toward Cooperstown?

That's the only thing you could mean.

Earthman likes this.
  2. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Earth Man-
    That you, Boom? If so welcome back, you have been missed.

Donny in his element likes this.
  3. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Not much to add except Fuck Deadspin. Magary is as much of a dickbag as any of them. Pay Hulk Hogan his money and shut the fuck up telling anyone else how to do journalism.

4. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

No idea what you mean. Had just recently been introduced to the place by
    a colleague. Definitely as engaging as they said it would be.

5. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Typefitter-
    Did you not interview Magary for your "Five for Writing" series?
    I agree he's a piece of shit, but he has admitted before he is a depressive and thus his persona makes a little more sense.

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I thought it went down hill when they found menstrual blood on his sock. And DNA confirmed it was his.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

What are the odds video emerges of the fellas fucking underage kids over the course of 10 days?

8. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Just asking, but how do you credibly do 10 days undercover, face the threat of imminent death, and not partake? Is that even possible? Perhaps posing as the $$ guys?

9. typefitter

I did. We've fallen out since.

Basically, I did him a bunch of favors. He called me for help when he got his first GQ assignment (Justin Bieber!), I gave him advice about his magazine contract, I pushed his first novel to some film people I know, I helped him out with space answers and stuff for his Funbag. Then he turned around and talked shit about me on Twitter. I was like, Okay, we're done now. I'll reserve my energies for good people.

That's how most of these guys operate. Privately, they want to be your friend, or at least use you under the guise of friendship, but there is some weird Daulerio impulse in them to burn you publicly, like it gives them cred somehow, shows how tough or cool or unassailable they are or something. I don't get it. I'll admit my loyalty/friendship bar is higher than most, but I will never understand why they do what they do. Like, did Magary feel good today, ripping off ESPN's story and calling Tim Keown a fuck burger? Like, is that how you want to make a living? He'd probably blow it off and say something about "JUST JOKES" or "don't have such a thin skin," and he'd probably say the same thing about me and Twitter, but that's because he probably can't bear the responsibility for being a total dick.

It really defies my understanding.

SFIND, YankeeFan and cranberry like this.
  10. Songbird

Fuck burger.

It's something.

11. Songbird

I've heard a lot of terms.

But fuck burger?

12. typefitter

Oh, and Magary's publisher sent me a review copy of his new novel, which is currently available in the thrift store in Cobourg, Ontario, where I hope someone buys it for a nickel and uses it as an adult diaper.

Draft saved Draft deleted