1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tim Keown on Adam LaRoche

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Apr 13, 2016.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I bet LaRoche is a shithead.

2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Whitman's just pissed because LaRoche didn't ask him to tag along.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Fuck him, too. He stole my team's money last year.

dixiehack and Chef2 like this.
  4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Did Keown get any corroboration on the underage asian sex slave crusade? I didn't see any, except from Boyer.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Moving from Magary's reaction to the actual content that is the subject of the thread ...

This strikes me as yet another case of an athlete who just plain didn't like playing anymore. It looks like the perfect life on the outside, so we're always shocked when someone doesn't want to make gobs of money TO PLAY A GAME!!!! But there are a lot of guys who hang on for the money or because they're good at it, long after they've lost the passion.

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Doesn't your second sentence answer your first sentence?

7. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Not really. Boyer and LaRoche claim they freed underage asian sex slaves. Is there any corroboration of their claim?

8. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

He's no Kobe.

9. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Exactly. Anyone who has relatively simple tastes and is well grounded can live multiple lifetimes and provide for the wellbeing of his family on a career like Adam LaRoche's. Dude made nearly $70 million in salary. If you had that kind of scratch and had managed it well, why would you want to put up with a second's worth of additional annoyance or inconvenience when you're 36 and on the downslope?

10. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Agreed on all counts. I enjoyed it for what it was. And I don't think this story will go begging for clicks.

11. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

And yes, if you looked at both stories, there is much more to Keown's feature than what Deadspin "ripped off"

12. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

There is no proof of the sex-trade crusade, no. It smelled like crap from the start.
    I have a hard time believing a guy who can't leave his son for a day would go traipsing off to Southeast Asia like he's a member of the Justice League.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
    studthug12, SFIND, Huggy and 3 others like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted