1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tim Hortons bans complaining customer for life

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Huggy, Feb 8, 2010.

1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

You realize your post doesn't make sense, right? Writing "you didn't even scratch the surface" presumes you thought I was trying to.

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I was playing off your post for effect. Trying to lighten the mood a little.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

No I have no food service experience. Unless you count the four weeks I washed dishes at the Elks before I got fired for going to a Motley Crue concert instead of coming in to work, which you shouldn't. And I'm sorry for my snarkiness (it just comes naturally) and for declaring that you'd spit in my food. That was crap on my part.

I appreciate your viewpoint, and, again, I don't get angry if a restaurant doesn't want to seat me a minute before close. I just think, especially in this economy, it's bad business to turn away business.

4. 2underpar

2underpar Active Member

I try not to arrive at a restaurant at closing time. sometimes it's unavoidable due to the job. late games, etc. if they say they are no longer serving, i say fine and I go somewhere else. But I probably won't go back to that restaurant, either. To me, if I'm seated before the posted closing time, I think I should be served the same as if I arrived three hours before closing time.
    I usually can find a waffle house somewhere on the road.
    Just like if we get a game at 10:28 and the deadline is 10:30, it goes in the paper. I make time to get it in, whether it pisses me off or not.
    To me, that's just good business.

Draft saved Draft deleted