1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tim Hortons bans complaining customer for life

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Huggy, Feb 8, 2010.

1. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

New Brunswick man bitches three times about the quality of the Tims decaf coffee to the owner who bars him from both his stores.

Guess the owner doesn't think the "customer is always right" and in this case, I think it's his place he can do what he wants.

2. service_gamer

service_gamer Active Member

Speaking from plenty of restaurant experience, I assure you that the customer is never right. That is, perceived mistakes or out-and-out lies by customers dwarf the number of actual mistakes; and a good restaurant wouldn't stay in business if it didn't rectify the mistakes. I'm with Larry David when he says that workers are taught to believe in the myth of 'the customer is always right' "when in fact the customer is usually a moron and an asshole."
  3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Active Member

This customer certainly got punched in the Timbits.
  4. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Who drinks decaf anyways?
  5. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Wonder what the owner would have done if more than one person had complained.
  6. doctorx

doctorx Member

The customer is always right only in the newspaper business.
  7. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

As we used to always say..."the customer is not always right, but is NEVER wrong".
  8. JR

JR Active Member

I didn't even know Tim's sold Decaf.
  9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Mister, if you don't shut up I'm going to kick 100 percent of your ass!
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. JR

JR Active Member

This made me laugh.

Guy sets up a meeting at corporate with the store owner and instead of listening to the guy's complaint, the owner slaps him with a no-trespassing letter.
  11. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I wouldn't drink it, that's for sure. I have had some burnt coffee from Tims before but if it was something that happened all the time I wouldn't go there anymore. I'd vote with my wallet.
  12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Active Member

Draft saved Draft deleted