1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tim Couch linked to steriods/HGH

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chuck~Taylor, Aug 28, 2007.

1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Then what about McNabb and all the other players coming off injuries? Do you know they're bound to be injured at some point during the season?

2. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

And the Jags have David Gerrard waiting in the wings should Leftwich go down.

3. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Good thing second string QBs are invincible then, huh? It's almost as if the body bag game in Philadelphia didn't happen, forcing the Redskins to use RB Brian Mitchell at QB. In every sense of the definition, it was a comeback by Couch. He was out of the game and was trying to get back in. That's a comeback.

4. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I just checked the Jags' roster.

Someone named Quinn Gray is the third-string QB. http://www.jaguars.com/team/depthchart.aspx

And before anyone gets all hot-and-bothered about the prospects of Couch coming back from the depths of shittiness, he was released ten days ago.

5. Flying Headbutt

It just appears as if you started arguing with Chucky because that's en vogue around here, and you're just parsing things up now. It was a comeback attempt, however futile.

6. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Dude, I wasn't arguing with Chuck just for the sake of arguing with Chuck. My point was that Couch didn't have a snowball's shot in hell of making the team. That's all.

7. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Dammit, you beat me to the Neifi reference.

8. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

And you made the point he had been released about 10 posts after someone else made it, HB, and about 10 days after a thread was started on here when he was released.

9. Flying Headbutt

But that doesn't mean he wasn't trying a comeback. Just that it was futile. You scoffed at the idea that it was a comeback attempt when that's exactly what it was.

10. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Then, I'm wrong.

I wasn't trying to crap on Chucky.

11. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Played golf once in a charity outing with Couch before his second season. They stuck him with me and three pros so he would feel more comfortable, I guess. He could not have been more standoffish. Hit about 10 shots on the first nine holes, talked on his cell phone most of the way around and then bailed at the turn. At least he gave me 15 minutes between nines for a story.

12. Rufino

Rufino Active Member

McNown actually stole Heather Kozar, who'd been a playmate of the year and was from somewhere near Cleveland, from Couch originally. They'd been buddies and there were stories about how Couch was supposedly all broken-hearted. Then, at some point a couple of years later, Couch wound up with Kozar again and later made her Mrs. Couch.

Draft saved Draft deleted