1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tim Couch linked to steriods/HGH

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chuck~Taylor, Aug 28, 2007.

1. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

If you think Tim Couch had a shot in hell of ever seeing playing time for the Jags, you should never be allowed to post on a football thread again. Stick with the NBA; you're out of your element talking about any other sport.

2. D.Sanchez

D.Sanchez Member

To Couch it was a comeback. To the Jags he was just training camp fodder. Here's what I don't get. You're Tim Couch, you earned stole at least $30+ million during your career, you have an oceanfront condo in Fort Lauderdale, a new kid and a playboy playmate wife, what they hell are you doing injecting yourself with that crap just so maybe you can squeeze out a couple of years as somebody's 3rd string QB making the league minimum?

3. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

He stole the Playboy Playmate, too ... of course, Cade McNown was a Bears QB so you knew he would fumble it.

4. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I don't deny any of that.

However, and I cannot deny this either: This just made my freaking month. I can not tell you how many phone calls I've made in the 7 minutes since I clicked on this thread.

I. Love. It.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Tim Couch and Neifi Perez need to go on a nationwide speaking tour to "mentor the youth" on the topic of steroids.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Seriously, is this a big scoop? Why not find someone actually in the league?

7. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Yeah, but Couch would get picked off.

8. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Deeper_Background reports that Lyle Alzado has been linked to steroids. More on this story as it develops.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Well played.

10. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Wasn't it the other way around? That McNown stole one from Couch once upon a time?

And shit, it was a comeback for Couch. Not his first attempt, but that's what it was.

11. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

It's not a comeback. He got cut three weeks after signing a two-year deal with the Jags. If he had seen any playing time while with Jacksonville, then you could call it a comeback.

12. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

You never know GD, injuries are a part of the game. You already know Leftwich is bound to get an injury at some point during the season.

Draft saved Draft deleted