1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tim Cook is gay

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Oct 30, 2014.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

OK. Anyway.

2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Tim Cook had never publicly acknowledged that he was gay until today. He never hid it from anyone. And there was a ton of speculation, obviously. And he had acknowledged it to tons of people privately, which led to a lot of off-the-record speculation. But until today he himself had never acknowledged it publicly -- something he said in his Businessweek essay.

I noticed the original post doesn't link to what he wrote. Here it is: http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2014-10-30/tim-cook-im-proud-to-be-gay

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

He was in Alabama a few days ago and called his home state out for being slow on racial equality, slow on interracial marriage, and continuing to be slow on LGBT rights and gay marriage. Four days later he comes out.

His remarks caused a bit of a stir.

http://www.al.com/news/montgomery/index.ssf/2014/10/apple_ceo_tim_cook_criticizes.html

The comments section of AL.com will rot your brain. Sometimes I wonder how reasonable people tolerate living here.

4. cortez

cortez Member

Can't beat the gun prices

5. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

Kevin Spacey has a secret.

6. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

The announcement was to clarify a text he had sent earlier that was autocorrected to, "I'm ducking hay."

7. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Well played, sir!

8. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

OK, I LOLed at this.

rb

Draft saved Draft deleted