1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tim Brando out at CBS

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Jan 14, 2014.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I assume this "mutual parting of ways" clears a path for him to join the SEC Network:

http://thebiglead.com/2014/01/14/tim-brando-is-done-at-cbs-sports-after-18-years/

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Two CBS names to keep an eye on for the studio job: Adam Zucker and Andrew Catalon.

Ha. Ha. There's a show I won't be watching.

Brando is very good in a profession that has a lot of very bad.

3. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

I respect Brando's work, as well. Had been wondering the last couple of weeks what had happened to the radio show's simulcast on CBS cable. Wish him the best.

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I pray they don't take the guy away from the NFL RedZone. The guy is astoundingly good.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

You thinking of Andrew Sicilliano?

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Scott Hanson

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

OK, you were taking a different route there. Thought you were mixing up Andrew Catalano and Andrew Sicilliano.
    Sicilliano does the Direct TV version of Red Zone, and he's also quite good. Used to love his radio show on FSR years ago.

8. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

Brando is one of the few studio guys who does not overdo the job. Sorry that he is going to SEC. I don't watch those games very often.

Not meaning to threadjack, but was wonderng if anyone saw how CBS' James Brown did as sub anchor on "CBS Evening News" one or two nights over the holidays. Was only able to see an opening of one show, but not the whole thing.

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

This. I'll watch the SEC football pregame show and get more information than from the hour-long vaudeville acts on the networks' NFL shows.

10. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

I interviewed Tim Brando back around 1997 or so when he came here to speak at a high school and middle school scholar-athlete banquet. I asked him for five minutes of his time; we ended up talking for 25, about a wide range of subjects. One of the very best interviews of my career, and one of the nicest people I've ever met.

11. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I don't think Scott Hanson is going anywhere.

If there is an example of the perfect person for the role, he hit it. And I would think he realizes it.

12. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

I saw one of the broadcasts and thought he did very well. I must admit, though, to being a little startled when I heard his voice (immediately recognized it) reading the opening teases. Then, he popped up on camera and was his typical smooth self. He certainly didn't seem out of place, to me, on the newscast.

Draft saved Draft deleted