1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tiki to Irvin: You're an idiot

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Trey Beamon, Oct 26, 2006.

1. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Besides being a Cowboy fanboy looooosar (understandable), Irvin acts as if wideouts rule
    the world. In terms of being histrionic divas, maybe . . .

2. To quote TJ: "Are you retarded?"

;D

3. da man

da man Well-Known Member

This just in ...

Michael Irvin is an idiot.

We now return you to your regular programming.

4. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

Well, that was kinder than I expected. I knew that post would make me lose SportsJournalists.com cred, but so be it.

I'm not saying he's the next great analyst. But I still generally enjoy him. Which makes me think: We bash guys all the time. Is there anybody that anybody out there actually likes, or is it just too easy to make fun of all of them?

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

They all pretty much are side shows at a Tijuanna donkey festival.

I can't remember the last time some analyst actually said something that was interesting or I didn't already know.

6. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

I really like Ron Jaworski, though the guy sounds as if he's doing a radio voiceover half the time.

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Go, JW, go.

8. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Montezuma, I actually much prefer Jaws and Merril Hoge on NFL Matchup show, because it's pretty much pure game-tape analysis, and projecting how teams will play against each other or what adjustments they'll have tried to implement in order to win that week.

That's the sort of information you can actually use when watching a game.

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Given Curtis Martin's health and what problems he might have after retirement, Tiki just might know when to call it quits. It would be a shame if he limped out of the league the same way it appears Martin will now.

10. tommyp

tommyp Member

Dr. Z chimes in on Tiki and puts it all in perspective. God, I love reading Z...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/dr_z/11/03/mailbag/index.html

Reggie of Fair Lawn, N.J., also is collecting two for the price of one, but I'll forgive him because he laid so many compliments on me and my work. No. 1. "As a Jersey guy, have you boarded the Rutgers bandwagon?" No, although I really like watching Rice run. Any time a school drops ... how many sports was it that they dropped? Five? ... just to give more money to King Football, I'll keep the pompoms in the closet. No. 2: What's my take on Tiki's announcement that he was retiring after this year, and the way it distracted his teammates. Pure tabloid bullsh ... I mean bull. The players knew about it way before he announced it. They won two straight after the story broke. I'd like to hear how all the people hawking this nonsense would explain how it's supposed to work. I mean will a guy miss a block or not put enough muscle into a tackle because Tiki said he'd be gone next year?

11. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

I just want to say that that cleanbooks.com ad keeps making me have dirtythoughts.org.

Draft saved Draft deleted