1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tiki to Irvin: You're an idiot

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Trey Beamon, Oct 26, 2006.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Ah yes. Hey Abbott ... noted songwriter of Ebony & Ivory. Nice.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Irvin makes it soooo easy and true.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Once a player, particularly one of Barber's stature (figuratively, of course), even hits of retirement, we all start asking them about it. That's part of our job as reporters. Even if you think the leak was intentional on Barber's part, why on earth are we complaining about an athlete telling us something too soon?

I think Barber's performance on the field is doing plenty to show he hasn't quit on the team.

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

Irvin saying that Tiki is quitting on the team is truly asinine.

But the problem that Tiki caused after the initial story was out was saying things like it was not a story in the lockerroom it was just something for the fans and media to get all worked up about.

5. heyabbott

Ernie Acorsi is looking liek a genius. Drafting a pass rushing DE in the first round was considered a dumb move with 2 ProBowl DEs and a nice rookie already on the roster. But with 2 DE's down with injuries, the Giants bring in a 1st rounder to start. Drafting Brandon Jacobs looks even better with Tiki's announcement. Jacobs, while he may never amass the career yardage of Barber, has looked really good this year and an impressive improvement from a decent rookie season.

The Cowboys' and the Redskins' front office, with Parcells/Jones & Gibbs/Snyder, have looked like tired jokes.

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

7. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I would agree about Jacobs. I think the biggest problem for the Giants next year will be needing to find another change-up back rather than a lack of production from the feature guy.

8. heyabbott

BTW: Burress' TD catch in the 1st quarter was better than anything Terrell OverDose (TOD) did the entire game. I guarentee if it was TOD that caught a 50 yard TD, ESPNTO would replay it every few minutes. Irvin would have sucked TOD's cock at halftime at the 50 yard line with Berman licking his balls.

TOD has already said he feels more comfortable with Romo than with "The Other Guy"

9. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

For all the people who think Tiki is an idiot, you're probably just gearing up for his post-football career as a host on Fox and Friends.

I mean he's made guest hosting the FOX NEWS show a regular gig for himself, it only seems natural that a straight forward, cut-to-the-chase kind of guy who is obviously "fair and balanced" will find his way onto my television every morning - and I can't wait for it.

I mean seriously, Michael Irvin is the Al Sharpton of football analysts. So it's no lie to call him an idiot.

10. RokSki

RokSki New Member

To the guys who said I was a bitter Cowboys fan, you're right, I am. Can't hide that. But as I said on the Tiki thread I started, I honestly believe that Tiki was just too transparent and awkward in how he handled this. And I would say the same thing if I were a Giants fan.

I don't have any problem criticizing 'my guys.' Irving is very intelligent, but the way he handles himself half the time makes him look like and idiot. I have no problem admitting that. And I love that guy, and think he's been screwed over twice for the hall of fame. The fact that Steve Young is in the hall of fame before Irvin makes me want to hurl. Enjoy the football today. Happy Halloween.

11. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Irvin was a whining pushoff artist with as many bad habits as you can name. He's an embarassment
    to ESPN, and to himself.

12. heyabbott

Michael Irvin is a highly visable, highly compensated member of the Sports Journalism profession, whose knowledge of his area of expertise is highly regarded by his coworkers and the consumers of sports journalism.
    Congrats to all other sports journalists, maybe one day you too can be as successful as Michael Irvin in your chosen profession or his.

Draft saved Draft deleted