1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tiki to Irvin: You're an idiot

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Trey Beamon, Oct 26, 2006.

1. There is quite enough sorrow and shame amd suffering and baseness in real life, and there is no need for meeting it unnecessarily in fiction.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

When Irvin was smokin crack in 1996 and got suspended for 4 games, did he quit on his team?
    When Irvin was running a whore house "White House" with his drug running gangsta bitch Nate Newton, was he a distraction and impediment to his team? How about when he raped a woman while his other gangsta thug put a gun to a woman's head? I don't belIEve the perjury charges, I belIEve she and her family were paid off to take the rap. I also don't belIEve his injury in Philly was accurately reported. It's not that he injured his spine, it was just discovered that he lacked one. Then of course his drug use while working as a Sportsjournalist for ESPN.
    [​IMG]

3. tommyp

tommyp Member

Heyabbott, while I love your post, it's "i before e except after c"

;D

4. Americans learn only from catastrophe and not from experience.

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

Of course you go with this information, tommyp...exactly as Branch did in the Times.
    He asked Tiki and the agent about it, both confirmed that Tiki was planning to retire at the end of the season but asked Branch not to write it. Branch said, sorry, you gave me full access, nothing off limits, I have to run with it. RIGHT DECISION!

Meanwhile, I heard last night from a usually impeccable source that another NYC writer who is very close to Tiki was told directly by Tiki as early as August that this was his final season but promised Tiki he would not write it until Tiki told him it was OK to let out. Hmmmmmm!

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

They're surely learning long-term lessons from the current series of catastrophies . . . .

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

corrections made.
    I love the attempt to equivalue Barber and Pipemaker.
    Where does he get those suits? Pimps Be Us
    You know Jesse Jackson is trying to buy TOYS R US. He's going to rename it WE BE TOYS

8. shockey

shockey Active Member

you run it. tiki was the idiot for thinking he could give branch the access and then think he could control the story. nice reporting skills right there.

9. Terd Ferguson

Terd Ferguson Member

Look, these ESPN guys have to find a way to fill up 5 or 6 hours of pregame, so they are just doing their jobs dissecting Tiki's impending retirement. ::)
    Of course, if he announced his retirement at the end of the season, they'd be on him for not making his intentions known sooner so the Giants could plan for life without him. Either way Barber is going to be ripped because that's (supposedly) what viewers/readers/listeners want.
    I don't think he comes off as think-skinned at all. He's just playing the game the way it's obviously played. He's stirring up a little controversy of his own by calling Jackson and Irvin idiots, nicely setting up, of course, a month of hype surrounding his impending hire by ESPN and the dissection of how he'll fit in with the rest of the circus he once turned his nose up at. Everybody's a winner!

P.S. Barber looked like a colossal wuss after the fumble in Dallas the other night. Did the TV guys ever say what was hurt other than his pride? From the replays (I couldn't hear the commentary) it looked like he wasn't hit at all, then proceeded to flop around like a fish out of water and hold himself. What was that all about?

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Chris L, I have no clue who you're quoting throughout this thread, but you're cracking me up.

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Q. Why don't polish women use vibrators?

A. It chips their teeth

12. tommyp

tommyp Member

Ummm...he got HIT IN THE HEAD!!! Once he temporarily lost consciousness, he lost the ball. I don't think it was intentional, but am I the only one who thought it should have been a 15-yard penalty?

Hey spnited...facetious question. Of course you run with it...what else is there to do?

Draft saved Draft deleted