1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tiki - From Media Darling to the Antichrist Overnight.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Sep 7, 2007.

1. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

The football establishment doesn't like drama queens. Sorry.

2. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Wicked's right.

The media doesn't dislike Tiki because he walked away from the game. It's because he was nothing more than a spoiled twit in his last two years and has done nothing but act like a jerk since he's retired.

I posted this in the Giants' books thread, but it bears repeating:
    http://www.nypost.com/seven/09052007/sports/giants/two_faced_tiki.htm?page=0

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

HB's provided a precise summation . . . at least, until Tiki get off his high horse and begins to act like something other than a manipulative priss.

4. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Put here since I don't know where else to put it ...

Wow. Mariotti made himself sound dumb by suggesting that the Giants try to bring Tiki back next year. Oy.

5. The Football Establishment prefers predictable meat puppets who limp off into retirement and die early. The prefer their employees disposable.

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

NYNJSportsJournalists.com is working overtime on the New York Football Giants lately. A team completely irrelevant in the national landscape.

7. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Fenian, I'll agree. But I'll also say that Tiki's actions personify every whiny athlete, from Kenny Anderson to Latrell Sprewell. He should stop whining.

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

You better tell NBC or whatever they call that show - Football America. They seem to be all Tom Coughlin/ Tiki all the time.

9. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

As much as I can't stand Pretty Boy, it's better than Olbermann trying to be relevant in the world of sports again. Collinsworth is going to have fun taking snide shots at Keith all this year. Tiki continuing to take shots at Coughlin is going to make the NY media rip his ass to shreds at every chance.

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Tiki and Olberman both trying to find themselves since 2002 - they both deserve each other .

11. Disagree.
    Players have every right to call out nutty coaches.

12. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

He's also called out a quarterback and the media, before he was on their team. The whining goes beyond Coughlin.

Draft saved Draft deleted