1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tiger's Streak*

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by heyabbott, Feb 16, 2007.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Widely held opinion is a stretch on your part. It's not a widely held opinion on this board. Of course it seems you read only your posts and mine. And as far as the BRITISH Open, Americans seem to do quite well there, thank you. They've only won 10 of the last 12. And if Todd Hamilton and Ben Curtis can win it, how tough can it be?

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

And how tough can the Masters be? Mike Weir won it.

And the U.S Open? Michael Campbell won it.

Doofus.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

And if Pigs could fly.....

Let's not start pulling ridiculous scenarios out of our asses, OK?

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

And Tiger has another streak.

He's lost all of the last four non PGA events he's particpated in.

Tiger's streak is a streak. Just because you don't want it to be, doesn't make it any less of one.

5. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Dammit JR, why are you making me agree with Hondo?
    I don't think I have agreed with Hondo on anything, yet, this one time, I am.
    Tiger has won his last seven PGA tours events. If he wins the next one, that will be his eighth win in eight tries on the PGA Tour. That's a streak. Just like he's lost his last four non-tour events.

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

"Oh, yes, they call it the streak..."

[​IMG]

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

JR is now on a seven post winning streak on perhaps one of the most meaningless threads in SportsJournalists.com history.

JR will now attempt to replicate his success on the All Purpose Hockey Thread. :)

Thank you for your patience and support.

8. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

Eldrick will need a six or seven game 'winning streak' this week since the event is Match Play. :)

9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Mike Weir and Michael Campbell have had, and will have, much better careers than Curtis and Hamilton. To make that comparison is an indication why you're not caddying any longer.

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

And Hondo continues to struggle with golf history, while JR fondly remembers the days caddying for Bing & Bob.

[​IMG]

When asked about the Open, Hondo replied, "The British Open? Pshaw. It's a tournament for a bunch of Brits and Scots. Hey, they probably even let Muslims play. And have you seen the courses? They're like farmers' fields.

Me, I can't wait to cover real golf tournaments which only happen in America. You know, ones like the Wachovia Championship"

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I remember Bing saying to me at Pebble Beach, "JR, what should I hit from here?"

And I pulled out his mashie niblick. Five feet from the pin.

12. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

It's not just a tournament for Brits and Scots. But the American boys are certainly kicking the Brits and Scots asses in it.

Draft saved Draft deleted