1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tiger's return?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TwoGloves, Feb 7, 2010.

1. i think he should come back at bay hill: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/361327-top-5-reasons-tiger-should-return-at-arnold-palmer-invitational

2. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Can't wait to read Mr. Prizeman's world-wide BR scoop with Tiger's house sitter's best friend's uncle's dog walker when Tiger decides to reveal his plans.

3. I have no sources. I just believe that logically it would make sense for him to return there. I am sorry if you don't like it.

4. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Then you shouldn't be on this board. It's SportsJournalists.com, not SportsBestGuess.com.

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Easy. Dude's in eighth grade (or says he is) - lighten up a bit.

6. TeamBud

TeamBud Member

Not only that but if you get rid of the guessing about what's going to happen, this board is down to nothing but personal remembrances in the RIP threads.

7. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Sorry. My bad. Although I do find it amusing that an eighth-grader is writing for Bleacher Report! That kind of verifies my thoughts on that site.

8. mb

mb Active Member

Really.

9. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Mr. Prizeman, if you want to be a reporter, you have to ask those questions. Learn that now. No one on any team you cover, whether it is a player or coach, can be your friend. Your job is to ask tough questions, even if it ticks people off. You have to ask people about their drug or alcohol problems, or their sex life if it is relevant.

We get paid peanuts, but a reporter that is worth anything can't be a pushover.

10. mb

mb Active Member

Not if you work at the LA Times, I mean bleacher report, I mean ... whatever.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

For God's sake, there are ways of asking without provoking a freeze-up. The guy's been under a lot of stress. THAT obviously related to golf. He's admitted he's in rehab. How does returning to golf fit into that? He can't not answer that and not be revealed as a complete fraud.
    In the few moments I watched golf today, it was hilarious hearing Johnny Miller talk about how OF COURSE Tiger had to play Bay Hill (NBC event) if he expected to win the Masters. I think Miller is right, but the special pleading was pretty pathetic for an announcer who's supposed to be Mr. Candor.

Draft saved Draft deleted