1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tiger's press conference. Huge. Quickly.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Football_Bat, Apr 5, 2010.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Luggie, Ari Fleischer has withdrawn from the Woods camp, saying that HIS public image and past associations might be a distraction to Woods' re-entry in the public sphere.
    To which WOW is the only possible response.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I agree the other women are relevant, however he doesn't owe them an apology.

They should apologize to his wife.

3. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Being in the news in the age of tabloid journalism does not make them relevant.

I don't give a rat's ass about the other women and frankly it is nobody elses business what happened between Tiger, Elin and the skanks he was fucking.

The only relevant questions were from this at this stage are -- Did you use drugs that night? Was this a domestic violence situation? Did you blood dope?

Those three things involve either breaking the law and/or cheating at the sport.

The rest is just an excuse for a whole lot of self-righteous reporters to get their jollies by trying to embarrass a guy they loathe and thus would like nothing more to knock down a few pegs.

4. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

They don't seem to be looking for apologies as much as cold hard cash. It used to be that hookers could be counted on for discretion while your run-of-the-mill star fuckers raised the serious caution flags. Now there's a $10 million surcharge just to shut 'em up.

5. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Yeah - that's the kind of thing I wanted to hear from him.

I think I was looking for one, single, appropriately-worded question about the other women.

They were collectively the elephant in the room.

I just think the situation that is "them" needed to be addressed. It was the one thing missing for me.

6. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Tiger should suck it up and contact Gloria Allred.

7. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Gloria's into anal?

8. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

The more Woods ducks the questions about rehab, the more I'm convinced it was for painkillers and not sex.

9. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

But didn't he say point blank he did not receive treatment for Vicodin?

10. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, i thought he dismissed the painkiller addiction possibility.

I think it was sex rehab, but would never expect him to utter those words. That sound bite would live forever.

11. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Why wow?

Ari's work is done here. It's time to play golf.

12. Den1983

Den1983 Active Member

I don't think the other women are relevant. I actually side with Zag on this. Especially in regard to sports sections and coverage, who gives a hoot about the other women?

Draft saved Draft deleted