1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tiger's press conference. Huge. Quickly.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Football_Bat, Apr 5, 2010.

1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I think it was unintentional, but many of the questions so wordy and circuitous that it allowed Woods to twist out of them.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Joslyn James said she had two abortions from Tiger.

3. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

One of his other mistresses already tried that one! (and failed to collect) What could possibly be worth that kind of coin not to put in a tell all book? Homo stuff, drug usage ... or maybe he's really goofy in love with her or the VIP club lifestyle

4. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

I thought it went well for him. He was well prepped, but I don't hold that against him.

What I learned by reading b'tween the lines...

1) Yes, he was on Ambien when he crashed, but he can't say anything about that, lest he get into more legal trouble.

2) He and Elin aren't all patched up, but they're not in divorce proceedings, either. Probably somewhere in between.

3) It probably was 'sex' rehab because he was very open about rehab... until it came to the question about exactly what kind of rehab it was. "That's personal."

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I've yet to be at a press conference where that wasn't the case. :)

6. I think "anal" has to be referred to as "the second spot."
    "Condom" must also be cleaned up. Patrons are not allowed to the say "condom."
    "Prophylactic" or "Athletic slip covering" is acceptable.

7. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

props to CB for getting in the blood doping question, though

8. Lugnuts

I would have liked a question about the other women. Do you feel you owe them an apology? Is it part of your rehab to break off all contact? Are you paying them? How do you keep them from obstructing your marriage and your career with the continued "eruptions"?

Another question might be: During these past few months, you've been criticized for being too calculated and controlling of your message. You've reportedly hired Ari Fleisher. Fair criticism or not?

9. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Is any of that really relevant?

10. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

No and he doesn't owe them an apology. They were just as much sport-fuckers as he was.

11. Lugnuts

It's funny how you don't think it's relevant, but you answered the question anyway.

I think it's just as relevant as what's going on with Elin.

These women keep coming up on this thread - it's what people are talking about. The 10 million, Joslyn James, the continued distraction of these women doing interviews and publishing texts, photos, etc.

Yeah, it's the dirty part of all this, but it's relevant.

12. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

I thought he handled himself well. Yes, I do think he dodged the Ambien questions a bit, but like someone mentioned a bit earlier, that was done with ease because the guy who asked it had marbles in his mouth.

Still, this isn't going to stops shitty columnists from tearing him a new one. ... I just don't know what else he has to do. I really believe he looked cool and relaxed. And he said it, that he wasn't so much worried about the press conference as he was getting out and playing with his peers. He doesn't give a crap what you or I think, but the people he has to play with Thursday-Sunday.

Draft saved Draft deleted