1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tiger's press conference. Huge. Quickly.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Football_Bat, Apr 5, 2010.

1. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I agree. He's been good. Very forthcoming on the Galea stuff.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'd bet she was the only one to collect that kind of coin.

3. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Dodging the Ambien question. Again.

4. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

This marriage stuff is all cover story. The tabs 'caught' texting Rachel Uchitel from rehab and wanting to get back with her ASAP. Elin will stick around for a few years and bail, according to the marital contracts she signed to maximize her earnings

5. playthrough

He doesn't owe anyone details about the current state of his marriage, but reading between the lines, it seems over.

6. Mizzougrad96

Has anyone asked an inappropriate question? I'm not watching the press conference.

7. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Honestly, the more she stays, the more he has the chance to try to win her back. If he wants to. She should just bail, more millions or not. She'll be taken care of for the rest of her life.

Overall, he did okay on the press conference. There were a couple of rough spots but Tiger is Tiger -- and I hate the guy.

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

If by inappropriate you mean tough, then no. Tiger was Josh Hamilton with a fungo bat.

9. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Elin should leave him during the Masters. Let's see his resolve then.

10. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

According to the celebrity media, the couple years difference in the contracts is something like 30 million and 50-70 million. It probably makes her skin crawl, but Elin will grin & bear it for two more years (for the sake of publicity)

11. playthrough

A lady asked if Elin and kids would be at Augusta and if Tiger had her blessing to be there. Answer was family would not be there, and a terse "I'm excited to be here."

12. Mizzougrad96

I'd like to see how many questions were at least somehow related to the scandal and how many kiss asses asked questions completely unrelated to it.

Draft saved Draft deleted