1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tiger Woods, smoker?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Rhody31, Feb 24, 2009.

1. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

No, but he put in golfball-sized plug of Levi Garrett off the sixth tee.

2. bigbadeagle

bigbadeagle Member

So what if we don't access to Woods? Think he's going to open up to anybody at this stage, regardless of Pierce's piece years ago? Hell no. You're going to get the same BS he gives to everybody. No insight, no nothing. There is no peek behind the curtain. And if you try, the one-man Brute Squad that is Steve Williams will come snap your toes off.
    For the record, I've never been a Woods fan and I have been in a gaggle at the Masters to interview him. Then again, I'm sure my aversion to him is keeping him up nights, no?
    Great story by a TV guy I heard on the radio a few months ago, talking about covering Tiger when he was in the U.S. Amateur at Sawgrass. Someone asked Tiger what was the worst part of being a golfer. His Most Esteemed Woodsness' response:
    "Talking to people like you."
    I hope he sprays a drive tomorrow and gets bit by a copperhead while looking for the ball.

Draft saved Draft deleted