1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tiger Woods Return

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Golf desperately needs a new star or stars to step up right now. Or an old one.

2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Lots of Brown-Bunnying for Tiger in SI Golf this week, as usual even though he hasn't won a meaningful tournament in nearly two years. Those guys are such suck-ups they have absolutely no credibility.

3. Dick Whitman

He has 14 major victories. Does anyone else active even have five? Mickelson four. Harrington three and then dropped off the face of the earth.

The idea that Tiger Woods isn't a big story just ... astounds me.

4. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

point, Dick.

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Doesn't it depend what is written rather than the fact it is written at all?

6. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I did not say he's not a big story. His return this week is obviously news.

But, he clearly is no longer the best golfer in the world. He has not been for nearly two years. Yet SI Golf's writers continue to assume that if he shows up, he will win automatically. To write that, week after week, shows you have no credibility at all.

7. Dick Whitman

Are you talking about the round table discussion? I didn't get that same tone from it. I'll read it again today in light of your impression.

8. Double J

Double J Active Member

Tiger Woods - T38, +1, 13 shots off the pace.

The cameras will still follow him around all day Sunday, and he'll still be in the lead of every story about this tournament. ::)

9. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

I haven't watched.

Is he behaving?

10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Wow. Adam Scott wins going away. And then Steve Williams unloads.

Paraphrasing, but ... 33 years as a caddie and ... "this was the best week of my life. The best win of my career."

And he said it more than once.

:eek:

11. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

That was the dig of all digs at his former boss. Carry Tiger's bag for over a decade, win enough major hardware to fill a truck...and this was the greatest week of his career. Uh-huh.

12. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

I could never had envisioned a reason to feel happy for Steve Williams, but I am.
    Suck it Tiger.

Draft saved Draft deleted