1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tiger Woods PGA08 (video game)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Double Down, Aug 31, 2007.

1. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Has there ever been a white player on the cover of this game?

2. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I'm not down with PS3 or XBox nonsense. It's $40 on PS2, and if I buy it, that's what I'll get.

3. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Damn. You beat me to it.

4. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

I played 07 on Wii and it sucked something fierce, even though I wanted very badly to like it. I play Wii Sports golf all the time and got quite good at it, and so I thought Tiger Woods would be fantastic. But the on-screen golfer's motion didn't match up at all to what I was doing, and so it was impossible (for me anyway) to hit the ball like I wanted. But yet at some point I still managed a hole-in-one (after like 20 minutes of playing) and followed that up with a 10 on the next hole because I couldn't figure the thing out.

So hopefully they've got that problem fixed. I may rent it...

5. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Well played.

Better yet, why no white players on NBA Live?

6. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Isn't Steve Nash on the Canadian version of it? Or do they put hockey players on it to help sales?

EDIT: No, Nash has never been on any version of the cover. Only white guy (according to Wikipedia, so you KNOW it's true) is Dirk Nowitzki on the German version of 07.

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

The last Tiger game I have for the PS2 is 2006, which is a pretty good game. I'm wondering if there are enough new features to make me want to upgrade to 2008. Anybody who gets it for the PS2, could you give a quick review? Thanks.

8. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

This is an awesome post.

9. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Maybe he wasn't on the cover, but when I spent a couple of months in Spain in '03, I remember seeing NBA Live ads everywhere with Gasol on them. It was a nonstop source of hilarity for my friends and me.

10. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

2006 was the last version of the game that was insanely easy.
    2007 was still easy, you just couldn't consistently shoot 20-under every round because it became impossible to hit 380 yard drives every time.
    I'm on the fence for 2008. I may get it if they have the FedEx Cup stuff and it depends on the new courses.
    I just hope I can continue hitting 380 yard drives like on 06

11. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

I have 06 for the Xbox and I haven't completely finished that one.

It seems like the only real changes each year is the rivals mode format. In 06, you went back in time and challenged different all-time greats until you got to Tiger. In 07, you had a team format, where you if you beat a golfer, they became a member of your team and then you'd move on to the next team, trying to beat them.

Not sure what the new format is in 08 tho.

12. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Somebody remember it when the voting comes around for post of the year.

Draft saved Draft deleted