1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tiger Woods majors poll

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Freelance Hack, Aug 20, 2006.

?

How many majors will Tiger Woods win during his PGA career

1. 12-14

1.2%
  2. 15-17

2.4%
  3. 18

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 19-20

22.4%
  5. 21+

74.1%
  1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Back to Ragu's point about PEDs ... Tiger won that tournament yesterday because a) Cink choked on the third playoff hole and b) he hit a fabulous approach in a driving rainstorm on the fourth, one that Cink couldn't match.

Steroids aren't going to help you in either scenario.

2. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Jason,

For him to win 25, he'll need to win 13 majors over the next 10 years (or however many more he plays). I'm not saying that's impossible, because I don't think it is. However, I think 25 is more of a ceiling than a floor.

3. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

For my 3,000th post, I thought I bring this thread back from the dead and pose this question:

Will Tiger win a major this year?

I know he's strong in the British Open, but I think he'll only win the PGA Championship this year.

4. Joel_Goodsen

Joel_Goodsen Member

I don't think it is a slam dunk he makes 18 and if he does it will be barely.

I think people really underestimate how difficult it is to win majors --- the last two are prime examples -- and now that he is a father and there are so many young, up and coming golfers making a push it will get harder and harder for him to win.

Six seems like not very many, especially looking at his body of work but he better get to 15 or 16 over the next three years or I think he will fall short.

5. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Tiger will win a major this year with baby in one hand and a driver in the other.

6. Willie-Butch

Willie-Butch Member

We've yet to see the best of Tiger Woods. Yep, that's right.

7. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Baby is one distraction, but I think that back problems will probably be a bigger potential threat.

8. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Tiger has at least another 12 years to win majors. Remember, a certain sourpuss from Fiji has done OK since turning 40.

9. F8vortex

F8vortex Member

He still has many great years left but i don't think we'll ever see anything like the 2000 Tiger again. It was just unbelievable how great he was playing then.

10. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

At one point, virtually every golfer gets the yips and can't make a putt. It got to Watson, who had a chance to win 10-12 majors had he been abale to putt as well in his mid-to-late 30s as he did earlier. Palmer never won a major past 35 or so, I think. Even Nicklaus had a long dry spell. I suspect Tiger won't be immune to them, either.

As has been said, it's hard. There's tremendous depth in the field. And I don't believe we've seen the last of Mickelson, once his wrist heals.

11. Chef

Chef Active Member

Here's the thing........Tiger's already had his dry spell.

Unless there is a catastrophic collapse at Carnoustie, (where most pros tell you it is the hardest course in the world), he should win that......Southern Hills is different. He struggled there at the 01 Open.

12. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

I think it is a bunch of "ooh, let's settle for second place and a huge paycheck" crap out there now.

Draft saved Draft deleted