1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tiger Woods injured

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mngwa, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Noholesin1

Noholesin1 Active Member

I guess I'd wonder if the local authorities decide there's no need to issue any kind of citation in this instance, how do they justify setting up radar on local roads to hand out tickets to drivers going 10 mph over the posted limit?

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

"Went to sleep" at 8 am?
    Who are we kidding here? I strongly think he was "impaired". See Tiger, the day before.
    [​IMG]

Neutral Corner likes this.
  3. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

For many municipalities, traffic summonses are a key revenue stream. Particularly at the end of each month.

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

That's certainly possible, and if it is true he deserves what he got. I only know of two things (other than that picture, jeez) that would indicate it. One is the police not testing/not releasing any tests. The other is that I read that an empty pill bottle with no label was found in the SUV.

Given his history, there was always that possibility. He could have been up way too late and tried to push through it and zoned out. He could have done a "boot and rally, yeehaw another day" kinda thing.

If he was wasted and crushed his own legs, well, on his own head be it. That's a terrible way to hit bottom and get a wake up call, but if that's what happened it's just tough shit.

5. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Tiger doesn't look nearly as impaired here as much as he does goofing on gender-transition hormones.

6. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

7. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

8. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

With his back and leg issues, he'd be better off with the single plane swing.

9. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

If I had a buck for every RT/share of this video in my golf-heavy feeds yesterday, I'd have a couple months of greens fees paid.

I just hope his days behind the wheel are over.

sgreenwell likes this.
  10. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I was actually hoping this would allow him to get back to that lean body shape he had as a young player. But he appeared to stay bulked up in the upper body. His swing lost so much of the grace it had as he upped the Navy Seal routine. It’s possible he can’t go back. I know once I bulked up in my late 20’s I could never fully go back to a leaner shape, but I miss that coiled steel swing he had.

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Good for him.

Although the extremely short nature of the clip makes me think setting him up for that shot may have taken a while.

12. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Tiger 2000 was so sweet, when I want to think “what if?” About his swing I watch Scott, he’s kept his butch Harmon swing.

Hermes and Tighthead like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted