1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tiger Woods injured

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mngwa, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

OK this gets us much closer to the truth, which I suspect involves Tiger being high from whatever was in the pill bottle and falling asleep behind the wheel. Also, stitched up face and incoherent hours later confirms the theory that he was worse off than they let on.

3. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

Of course he was worse off than they let on. This was a severe crash, and frankly he's lucky to have survived it based on the damage to the car. You know Tiger Woods to you guys is like Coach k. Anything he does you want to make far worse. Was he high? I don't know. The police looked at security footage from the hotel had other footage from him driving and obeying traffic laws. They didn't see anything alarming in his behavior. I think it's far more likely that he fell asleep. Is he still on drugs? Probably. If he's taking opioids I think everyone on this board is smart enough to understand that for some people, opioids rewire your brain neurons and you're never not addicted to them again. But it's like it seems because it was Tiger Woods and he has a history that besmirched his legacy, now if he strays a little bit, you know, you want the worst for him. That's what this thread is about. A lot of people wanting the worst for Tiger. It's kind of pathological.

4. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

As a 20-year Tiger hater, I disagree strongly with this. Nobody here wanted him to drive an SUV off a road at 87 MPH. Wanting the worst would be wanting the absolute worst, which almost happened here. Tiger is a tragic story. Had the world in his hands, pissed it away, etc. Ever since he took out the fire hydrant, there has been no reason to want anything worse for him. His fall from grace was spectacular, topped maybe only by OJ Simpson. And I didn't enjoy that. I did enjoy his absence from golf, because I was sick of the hagiographic coverage. Most of us who dislike Tiger, by the way, do so because of the incessant slobbering by the media. Which, to be fair, he never asked for. If you read this site with regularity, you see plenty of that slobbering here. Not sure how that equates to a lot of people wanting the worst for him.

HanSenSE and maumann like this.
  5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

We don’t want what’s worst for Tiger. I openly hated the guy and his bullshit act for a decade, while also appreciating his talent. Yeah, I rooted against the guy, mainly because Tiger Fanboys are fucking insufferable and I know enough golf writers to know the public persona was fake. That said, I’ve rooted my ass off for the guy in this latest comeback because he seemed to be more humble and at least trying to be a better person.

But We want him treated the same exact Goddamned way we would be treated if we did 87 miles an hour in a 45 zone and rolled the car. I guarandamntee I’d have a citation for reckless driving in my mailbox by now, yet apparently nothing will be filed on Woods. And our police report would have been issued within 24 hours of our crash, yet these fucks tried shoveling it under the rug. And then people wonder why cops aren’t trusted.

I guess we should all follow this police department’s Instagram account so we know when the new squad cars arrive.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2021
    sgreenwell, HanSenSE, maumann and 2 others like this.
  6. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

Read the thread.

There are a number of people posting here who thinks that he only wrecked because he was on drugs. We'll never know that. They want him to be tried for a crime. They want him to be arrested. They even took umbrage with the word accident. If you don't think some people posting on this thread don't want the worst for Tiger, you're really not paying attention.

Also, we've all done dumbass things in our cars. Most of us are just lucky we didn't run off the road at 90 miles an hour. And someone on here posted something about the California treats accidents like this in a certain way and this didn't seem weird. I don't know I may have just made that up but it sounds familiar in my head.

7. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Uh... yeah. He ran into a tree at 80-plus mph.

8. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Tim Tebow, also. We got tired of him fast because the media couldn't stop slobbering over him.

HanSenSE likes this.
  9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

He’s going to have Pete Gaudet play on his tour exemption?

10. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

He committed a crime. Speeding is a crime. Reckless driving is a crime. I did 76 in a 40 once and not only got a $190 ticket but lost my license for 15 days for going 30+ over the speed limit.

he’s lucky he didn’t kill or seriously injure someone like Brit Reid — another fucking asshole who needs a microscope treatment

11. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

Had he injured someone else, he surely would have been charged with a crime. But look at the vitriol of your own posts here. You know in the bigger scope of things happening in America a celebrity not getting charged for an accident in which he grievously injured himself really doesn't bother me that much. Especially considering he's a black celebrity and had he been just a regular black guy, f*** The cops might have shot him when they got there or beat him up. Tiger is absolutely guilty of the hubris that we afford celebrities. He is. He is not responsible for the twisted nature of our society little allows and encourages these famous people to act like this. But honestly, I don't care that he's not being cited for reckless operation. I really don't. Where I live, few years ago a big RV was going the wrong way on the road, and apparently the lighting wasn't working. A car going the correct way ran into it and two teens died. There were no criminal charges filed against the driver of the RV, just a reckless operation. I think the fact that Tiger ended his own career is a far worse punishment than a fine for reckless operation.

PCLoadLetter and bigpern23 like this.
  12. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Celebrity with history of drug and driving incidents has suspicious driving incident. Video at 11.

Draft saved Draft deleted