1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tiger Woods injured

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mngwa, Feb 23, 2021.

1. JC

JC Well-Known Member

A crime was covered up?

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

A solo vehicle can not leave a roadway in the manner that this one did without having committed a crime.

3. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Tiger has a history of driving impaired. That doesn't mean he did it again here, but why can't the police tell us that? In the ESPN.com story, I fully agree with the college professor and former NYPD sergeant, who is basically saying WTF gives with this "investigation" and then leaving it up to Woods' camp to release info (good luck with that).

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I always figured the next time Tiger swings a club in front of cameras would be the first time he hits an honorary shot at Augusta.

5. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

6. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

So, the guy's car just runs off the road, crosses a median and luckily doesn't hit anyone in the opposite lane, and there is no probable cause to check his cell-phone records or do a draw for potential DUII? Riiight.

7. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I admittedly don’t know the particulars of these things, but doing 85 in a 45 should at least get a reckless driving ticket, no?

Also curious as to what could not be released without Woods’ permission a couple of weeks ago. That seems to have gone away.

Wonder when he’ll be seen in public and when there will be an update on his recovery.

8. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

HE COULD HAVE DIED.

9. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Aged well did this post.

10. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I guess if the cops don't charge him, no crime was committed. But 40 MPH over the speed limit on a windy road is clearly reckless driving.

11. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Not being charged does not mean a crime was not, in fact, committed.

12. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

See: Trump White House.

Draft saved Draft deleted