1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tiger Woods in Car Accident

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by taller hack, Nov 27, 2009.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Darren Rovell's follow-up: DD is NOT Les Carpenter, who is also fine.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Not one of his longest drives.

3. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

What, me or Les? Which one of us is fine?

My head is spinning like Tiger Woods' steering wheel.

4. mb

mb Active Member

Considering some of the stories lately, I'd be more inclined to believe big fight with the wife, followed by gunning the car out of the driveway, plowing over a fire hydrant and correcting into a tree.

/either that or someone took a picture mid-shift and threw him off.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Doctors aren't characterizing anything. That doesn't relate to any injury at all. That is a condition report. Could be good, fair, serious, critical, etc.

Doesn't really mean much of anything.

You could be in serious condition because you are bleeding from cuts in your face and be fine in a week.

6. EE94

EE94 Guest

I'm amazed that a site for journalists has, in the space of a 30 minutes, speculated that Woods was drunk, that his career might be over, that he might be on drugs, all based on no original reporting

I know this is a chat board, but really, does it kill people to wait a few minutes - seconds? - before weighing in with completely uninformed opinions?

7. mb

mb Active Member

You really are new here, huh?

It's a message board. No different from a bunch of folks sitting around shooting the shit.

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

When did this FINALLY go public?

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

EE94, it shouldn't surprise you at all. People guess when they have no information. Not everybody here is a journalist, and even most that are don't apply the same standards to a post here that they would to a story that is going to be published. Nor should they. It is just a message board, no matter who the members are.

It's not like this is the first time we've seen wild speculation on here about an athlete being injured away from the playing field.

Edit: See what mb said.

10. EE94

EE94 Guest

Thanks for explaining that, "shit" being the operative word.

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I think it's about 10-12 hours until correct information start coming to light. At least that has been the over/under on the last ump-teen internet story breaks.

12. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

The same thing that is happening in thousands of message board, chat rooms, bars, living rooms, etc., right now. And if you don't ask Tiger Woods if he was using drugs or alcohol during this crash the first time he does an interview, you're just a stenographer, not a journalist. If this were an NBA player, no one would give a shit whether or not anyone was too quick to speculate or dare to ask the question about drugs or alcohol. It's only because it's Tiger, in my opinion, that we're getting a lecture from you.

Draft saved Draft deleted